Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Place Where No One Knows

A dreamlike place where horses run free, and bridges make a path over bubbling brooks where geese and dare I say, beavers make their homes on the banks? No, it's not a quaint country farm, it's actually in the middle of Buckhead. And it is home to many of my deep thoughts and wildest dreams; for it's where I go for my quiet times. The Polo Fields were first introduced to me by a friend, and I now go there often to walk and think and connect with God. During the summer, you can find me there anytime of the day. 

It made me wonder though, how could I make my very own polo-field-like quiet times away from Buckhead, and in the hustle and bustle of college life? It's so hard to find peace and quiet. But lately I have found that God doesn't need beautiful scenery or breathtaking views in order to capture our hearts. He just needs a little time from us. Time to spend with Him, talking to Him, allowing Him to transform our minds and put peace in our hearts. 


"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 


But his delight is 
in the law of the Lord, 
and on his law 
he meditates day and night. 
He is like a tree 
planted by streams of water, 
which yields its fruit in season 
and whose leaf does not wither. 
Whatever he does prospers. 

- Psalm 1:2-3







If you are in a season of God "hiding" Himself from you, it's only because He wants you to chase after Him. As a girl, I can definitely identify with that. We want to know that in a relationship, a guy will chase after us, pursue us. It's in our genes, it's what we need. At the same time, it's a desire that reflects God in us. Because He wants to know that no matter what happens, you will always be faithful to Him; through good and bad. Go to Him. Give Him your time. Polo-field atmosphere, or not. 

Quote of the Day: "Dream BIG, because God is a BIG God!!" -Wesley Sermon, 3/17/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails