Friday, June 4, 2010

Mill Valley. California Adenture Part 2.

Ok so many regrets for taking so long to do this. I have three jobs and endless to do lists this summer....in other words, the blog posts have been slacking in a major way. But, back to business! 

The wedding was to take place in Mill Valley, therefore off the family went to this charming small town nestled in the mountains overlooking the bay. NEVER have I seen such giant trees this close to civilization...redwoods were everywhere!





Our hotel was gorgeous. 


Our balcony. 




The stairs up to our room. Phew. 

The town was surrounded by mountains and a lake and I drooled over it daily and it was perfect. Plain and simple. It was a small town and had so many cute shops and coffee/book stores. I was just in love. Moving on. 






My mom and I loved to walk around and we took our dinner to-go and ate out on our deck overlooking the town. 


Pathways cutting through giant redwoods. A shiny nickel for anyone who actually counts how many times I say redwoods in this post. 


Redwoods! *teehee*

And when all the family got to Mill Valley, we all decided to overtake a poor Italian restaurant. Poor Italians who had to deal with our ruckus. 


 The table full of fam. Can't even see the end can you? We go on for miles. We're like the family that doesn't quit. 


Me and mommy!!! I love her, that mommy. 

So nothing TOO fun in this post. But the upcoming ones are the ones with the goods. Including the WEDDING post. Stay tuned, loyal blog followers. 

Because of the rather lame-ish content, I have decided to include my summer playlist. 

Major Tom - Shiny Toy Guns
Pura Vida - The Granfalloons
Help I'm Alive - Metric
Bulletproof - La Roux
October - Broken Bells (because the Shins lead singer James Mercer and a member of Gnarls Barkley collaborating is just too good to pass up) 
Got Nuffin - Spoon 
At the Beach - The Avett Brothers
Back In Your Head - Tegan and Sara
Know Your Onion! - The Shins (because every summer since I was 12 I have listened to this song on repeat) 
In Your Atmosphere (Live) - John Mayer
Dela (I Know Why the Dog Howls At the Moon) - Johnny Clegg and Savuka
Cast Away - lady danville -> just go download all their songs. There's only like, 6 on Itunes. IT'S WORTH IT.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths (thank you 500 Days of Summer)
Pot Kettle Black - Tilly and the Wall
Gimme Sympathy - Metric
Wolf Like Me - TV On the Radio (because its on ANY playlist I make. Ever. O you want me to make you a mix CD? This song is probably going to be on it.)
Razor - Foo Fighters (sounds emo, ...and the lyrics kind of are, but the guitar work is INCREDIBLE) 
A Nest For Two - Blinker the Star
Mornings Elevn - Compiled
There Goes the Fear - Doves
The W.A.N.D. - The Flaming Lips
Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show - Neil Diamond
And OF COURSE, The Boys of Summer - The Ataris. Again, it's been on my summer/life playlist since I was a tween. I feel its a good remake. I love a good cover. I'm a SUCKER for a good cover. It's just the way I tick. 

Ok more on the wedding (and my random musings) later guys I promise!!! 

*Quote of the Day: "I'll bear the sorrow that comes tomorrow, But I'll borrow none today" - Hannah Whitehall Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails