Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Go Away Pollen, Nobody Likes You

When most people envision spring they see visions of:


Or:



Or even: 





But, not me. When I think of spring, I can expect to look like this:


This:




And maybe even a little bit of this, you know, for all you hot guys out there: 



Thats right, I'm one of the few, the proud, the pollen sensitive. The first sights of Spring means I'm in bed, scaring my neighbors with my "who has a pet elephant?" sneezes and "I don't remember the Anthrax threat resurfacing" cough. 

Oy. 

But I can't complain because I've used it as an excuse to stay in, sleep my days away and gorge myself on Easter candy. And woops, since I'm sick, guess I can't workout today! 

Maybe this pollen thing has its upsides....

Anyways, for all of you who aren't too busy sneezing your life away, Athens is beautiful in the Spring. There will definitely be some pictures once I get out of my house for more than an hour! Stay tuned!! 

*Quote of the Day: (about decent people): "It is true that they form a minority. More than that, they always will remain a minority. And yet I see therein the very challenge to join the minority. For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each os us does his best. So, let us be alert---alert in a twofold sense:
Since Auschwitz we know what man is capable of.
And since Hiroshima we know what is at stake."
- Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search For Meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails